Wednesday 14 September 2011

Westfield Stratford!

Gotta admit, I wasn't all that bothered about the new Westfield shopping centre opening until yesterday! I usually buy essentials locally, and I go up into London most weekends so I can find pretty much any shop I need. I haven't been to the older Westfield in Shepards Bush yet, as it's just so out of my way. However, the new one is on the same train line as Romford station where I live, so I figured I'd end up having a look at some point.

Anyway, on Monday my Mum told me she was gonna go along for a look on the day it opened, and after looking at a list of the shops, I decided to go along too.. They have a Neals Yard, a Dr Martens shop, and  a MAC shop soon to open... These are all things I usually head into Central London for, so to have it a bit closer is convenient, especially as it's a really easy journey so no lugging bags about on the Underground!

We went in Forever 21 first, and I've never been in there before. It reminds me a bit of H&M, a mix of more kinda trend-driven stuff and basics. It's roughly the same price as H&M too, which is a massive plus. I've seen some leopard print loafers, some brilliantly stretchy acid-wash jeans, and some kinda distressed looking tshirts that I'm lusting after!

Then we looked in the Vans shop. It's more the clothes than the shoes actually, and I saw a lovely leather bowling bag and some cute skinny jeans and hoodies. Would like to get some stuff from there for the winter, although it is a bit expensive, so maybe I'll wait for a sale!

The Dr Marten shop had some lovely bits. I was quite taken by the leather satchels, they're really cute and schooly looking, but I hate having to carry things in my hands, shame they don't have a shoulder strap! They have little ballet shoes, which I would really like to buy for work. I had DM Mary Janes for school when I was 14 and they're still in perfect condition now so the ballet pumps would be much better value for money than the endless cheap pumps I seem to buy!

So I'm considering those, and a pair of fur lined boots with buckles. They looked so lovely and warm! The girl in the shop was wearing them and said it's like wearing slippers, so I'm definitley gonna get some of those on payday. I usually wear about 3 pairs of socks under my DMs in the Winter, and every year I'm almost tempted to buy some hideous-yet-warm Ugg boots, but these are gorgeous, so thats ideal!



Dr Martens Billie


Dr Martens Christina













Drooled over the Kid Robot Swatch watches, didn't even realise there was a Tara McPherson one! I love her art! I don't need a watch, but I may look on Ebay to see if I can get it cheap..

On the lower bottom floor they have lots of food stands, one with adorable cupcakes, and a mini Japan Centre, where you can buy Japanese sweets, essentials like big bags of sushi rice, and fresh sushi and sashimi. Again, I usually traipse up to Picadilly Circus kinda way for the bigger Japan Centre store so it'll be handy to have something more local for grabbing smaller bits.

My Mum and I only looked over the first two floors, and then I had to head home to cook dinner. At least now I know it's worth heading back there after payday! All in all it was a nice place to shop and in a perfect location for me! Foot Locker was the only shop that was literally too crowded to get into, the rest of it was easy enough to walk through, not bad for an opening day!

On a sadder note, I was upset to hear about DJ Medhi passing away in an accident yesterday. I'd not heard much of his stuff actually, but I'm a fan of Ed Banger Records, and his wife, Fafi, who is an artist. I listened to some music of his when I heard the news and I was obviously missing out on a bit talent there.

RIP DJ Medhi

No comments:

Post a Comment