Tuesday 20 September 2011

Sunday fun and games

I went the the Japan Matsuri on Sunday. I went last year in Spitalfields and it was pretty good. Lots of yummy food stalls, and other bits like traditional crafts and cute things.
This year it was in County Hall on the South Bank and it was so PACKED! I went with my boyfriend and a friend, and it was impossible to look at any stalls, just kinda shuffle along in the crowd! We ended up just giving up and heading to the Tokyo Diner in Chinatown, our all time favorite Japanese restaurant!

Then, myself and the boyfriend went to head home, but at the last minute, noticed that our friend was DJing from 8pm-9.45pm at Cafe 1001 in Brick Lane so decided to head along. I love the venue so much! At the front it's a little cafe serving burgers, hot dogs and other grilled-type things, then if you go upstairs it's like a little lounge with sofas and books laying about, then further out the back it's a dark, sweaty little club!
Once we got there we realised it was part of the Brick Lane Music Festival so it was quite busy for a Sunday. Out the front of Cafe 1001 there were a lot of people sitting and dancing on tables and while a DJ played hip hop, which looked pretty fun. We paid £1 for wristbands and headed to the little club bit up the back, and DJ Ray Keith was playing. He was awesome, so good! Played lots of kinda ragga and jungle stuff, and the crowd were loving it!
Then King Cannibal came on, and also smashed it, like he always does! Lucky I picked up a paper fan at the Matsuri earlier or I would have melted into a gross puddle of sweat, I was dancing so much! It was a really good night all in all!
I love Cafe 1001 and really should go there more. There was a real variety of people there, from trendy types in vintage clothes to scary gangsta types. I love being able to flump out on the sofas there when I'm worn out, and they're usually still cooking food outside when you leave so you can get some late night sustinance!

All in all, good weekend had! So worn out now, lucky I have a few days off work this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment