Thursday 29 September 2011

Tessa Farmer

I love her art so much! I went to an exhibition she did a few months ago, and it was in the crypt of a church which was so cool and creepy! I was scared to venture further in but the art was so gorgeous, I summoned up my courage! She uses all real dead insects and animals and makes the little fairy-skeletons out of bits of plant.

I'm so tempted to get one of her weird little skeleton-fairy things tattooed on me...










As far as I'm aware she finds all her materials, doesn't kill them herself...At least I hope not, and I'm sure I'd have heard if she was some hedgehog murdering fiend...


This is a pic of the crypt where I saw the Exhibition, in St Pancras Church in London. It's so weirdly atmospheric and lovely and cold down there!

I actually love the pics I look on my shitty phone camera. There was a bit open area with lots of bees and wasps and some other big junebug things with little skeleton things on them in a big battle, so all the insects were hanging from the ceiling. The lack of flash on my phone makes it look really ghostly, with just the atmospheric lighting. I'll have to try and upload some on here once I'm on my home PC....

EDIT: Here we go, turns out I only uploaded two D:

No comments:

Post a Comment