Thursday 29 September 2011

Been inspired by the impossibly beautiful Zephyr Elf's blog to look about in my local charity shops to find things to customise. I'd like to make some little tunic dresses from mens shirts, and maybe jazz up some hideous old jumpers.

I found a really nice beige loose knit jumper that would look nice with black skinnies for the winter, so may just buy that tomorrow... Also found a delightfully hideous old velvet jacket which I'm drawn to... It's like, the least flattering fabric ever so I dunno why I enjoy wearing it so much, especially my 80s velvet leggings!

Oh, oh, and a Bodem herb chopper! Me and the boyfriend are way too obsessed with Bodem kitchen equipment, it's just so futuristic looking and cool! And the big jars they do mean we can display the various exciting pasta shapes we seem to accumulate!

Think I may be charity shopping more often from now on! Maybe it's because Romford, where I live, isn't a very well-off area, so a lot of the stuff that gets donated is not great, and seems to be mostly old people stuff. My Mum buys wonderful clothes in charity shops in London so maybe that's what I need to be doing.

I actually have a massive bag of stuff I need to donate to Cancer Research (our usual charity of choice) but I'm a bit scared... It's a lot of stuff my Mum's ex gave me, lots of horror videos and books about Satanism and the occult. I don't wanna upset all the sweet old Grannies! May have to do a bootsale instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment