Monday 12 September 2011

Hello!

Thought I'd start somewhere to ramble about various things that interest me!

The weather today is bloody grim, and I'm starting to realise that I'm gonna need to start getting my Winter wardrobe ready... Usually I just seal myself up in a bit parka and Dr Martens until Spring rolls around so I guess I won't deviate from the plan this year! I've seen a lovely parka in River Island's Savage Collection (name's a little controversial, dontcha think???) but I dunno if I can justify having two very similar parkas in my wardrobe... Is that a normal thing...?

Also lusting after some Levis Demi Curve Skinnies in black. I have issues cramming my squashy arse into jeans usually, so Levis Curve ID seems like such a great idea. You go on their website and fill in a little questionnaire about the problems you usually have with jeans (muffin top, gaping back etc) and it gives you the fit for you. You can then choose your colour and whether you want skinny, bootcut, or any of the usual fits. I think they do fittings in store too. I'm gonna try and track down a cheaper pair, but I know Levis are a good brand so I wouldnt begrudge paying £80ish for them if they fit and last well.

Only I'd be wearing them with Doc Martens...

Makeup-wise, I'm not sure if I'm just getting old but I'm really enjoying nude colours at the moment. I got a little palette called All About Nude from 17 in Boots, and it's actually really lovely! A nice subtle blush and lipgloss, and a shimmery pink and brown eyeshadow. The colour is as pigmented as it needs to be, and it's cheap enough to not feel guilty about using it daily!
The top two are the eyeshadows, bottom left is blush and bottom right is lippy..

When I've been out somewhere a bit special, I've just used a bit of Barry M Mushroom Dazzle Dust on my eyes. Again it's very subtle if you don't use much but has a nice sparkle to it. I'm also hooked on the Barry M Mushroom nail polish, with a bit of matte top coat. It's a really nice mid brown, and it flatters my skintone nicely. It has a nice opaque finish with two coats and easily lasts 5 days for me. I find the matte topcoat really preserves it's life well.




I was lusting after the Urban Decay Naked Palette, until I saw the Sleek Cosmetics nude palette, which seems to be a similar thing for a much lower price, Sleek being about £6 and UD being £25.95. I have a Sleek palette at home so I know the colours are very well pigmented, and again, I wouldn't feel guilty using it daily for that price!
Sleek Au Natural




Urban Decay Naked...




















Also, Stargazer Polished Peach nail polish looks really nice for daily use, although I would like to see it in person to ensure it's not too peach...Lots of other brands seem to do similar colours so maybe I'll have to have a look about..

I've never been a massive fan of blusher before, as I used to favour the pale and unhealthy look, but since trying the creme blush in my All About Nude palette, I've actually grown to like the effect. Now I'm aiming more for the English rose kinda look, like Christina Hendricks or Jane Goldman (my ultimate girl-crush!). I'm contemplating Benefit Dandelion as it looks quite subtle like a natural, sexy flush. I bought Benefit's Georgia blush as an impulse buy with my first wages back when I was 16, and I still have loads left now, so I know it lasts well for the money it costs!

Fittttt!


Her skin is too amazing...

Off of the topic of make-up, I'm really excited about the Kid Robot x Swatch collaboration. I've been collecting vinyl toys for years and Kid Robot bits make up a large chunk of the collection. They have done some really cute hats, hoodies and trainers over the years, but they're often a bit out of my budget range. I don't wear a watch, but if I could get one like the KR ones, maybe I'd start! The pink one is my favorite I think. Buff Monster, a graffiti artist who has also designed vinyl toys, also collaborated with Swatch recently and I love his art so much, so I may try and track down one of those too, and start a little timepiece wardrobe!

Kid Robot x Swatch

Buff Monster x Swatch










No comments:

Post a Comment