Monday 26 September 2011

London Tatt Convention & Games Day!

Phew, been a busy long weekend for me!

Was off work on Friday to get to London Tattoo Convention on the quietest day! First off, I couldn't figure out how to get there, and ended up chatting to various tattooed types who helped me get there. I love the camraderie of the modded community, everyone was friendly and helpful and eventually myself and a few people I'd been wandering about with found a nice man to follow!

The Convention was pretty good actually, the queue was very well managed by some very nice Hells Angels and some volunteers, and it was well laid out, even if the venue (The Tobacco Docks) are a little bit maze-like! We thought we'd seen everything, then found another half of the venue left to look at!

I had a chat with the tattooist who did my foot tattoo, Boff Konkerz, and he showed me his new website (Linky here!) so will need to get a good picture of my tatt for him. Also discovered a guy called Mr X, who works at Into You and does almost prison tattoo looking art, but very good. He does great skulls so I may be calling on his services soon for my right hip!

There were some good little stalls too, I love Sacred Stitches, but I didn't buy anything from there. I got an acrylic bird skull necklace from Lady Hollywood, which I love, so I'd reccommend looking at her site!

The Lady Hollywood necklace I got!

All in all a good day out, lots of nice art to look at and a nice atmosphere. I can't imagine buying a weekend ticket though, it's easily enough to do in a day!

On Sunday, me and the Boyfriend went to Games Day, which is a massive Warhammer event in Birmingham. I'm not into Warhammer myself, although I appreciate the artistic skill in it. But I'd rather I had the Boyfriend showing me little plastic men he's made than making me go to football matches!
It was about 4 hours to get there by coach, so I spent the journey listening to music and looking at the cute sheep and cows in the fields we drove past. I find long road journies really relaxing and it was a luxury being able to just sit still for 4 hours!
Once we got there, the organisation was dreadful. Certain areas were so crowded it was hard to move and the shopping area turned into a massive crush, with people fainting and needing to be pulled out.

I saw more oddly shaped, socially awkward people than I've ever seen in my life, and I did find myself wondering what these people do in their day to day life. But I suppose it's nice they have a hobby and it's something that can be quite social. My Boyfriend isn't as geeky as some of the hobbyists, but we've made some good friends through it, which is nice!

A MILLION BILLION GEEKS!!!


So I'm knackered today! Can't wait to get into my bed tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment