Monday 26 September 2011

Monday afternoon rantings...

I really would like some sane, happy, normal couple friends.

I think I'm the only one of my immediate circle of friends who's actually in a relationship, I guess sometimes I just feel a bit left out. Not that I want to go out on the pull or anything, I just feel I can't add to the conversation, and sometimes feel they're judging me as being boring for being happy in a committed relationship, and having domestic duties.

I'd like to have a nice couple where I get along with the girl, the Boyf gets along with the guy, and we can all go out and do things together. We go out with our single friends regularly, but it sometimes feels like a constant effort not to make them feel awkward. We aren't one of those couples who insist on kissing and hugging 24/7, but we worry little things like holding hands or sharing food might upset a single mate...

We had a good pair of couple friends a while ago,but as we got to know them better, it turned out both of them were deeply unhappy with their relationship, and it ended up very awkward, with both of them telling us about their various infidelities. As I got on with both of them, I sometimes ended up caught in the middle, with each questioning me about what the other was up to!

I know once we have children  there are a myriad of places online for parents to find friendship with other parents, but until then, the only places for couples to find other couples seem to be pervy swinger sites! Maybe I could organise to swing with some people, then just make them a nice meal and have a chat when they arrive instead!


No comments:

Post a Comment