Tuesday 13 September 2011

So, I watched the video for the new Scroobius Pip song last night (can't remember the name of it!). It's a pretty good song, and the video is really cool, three pretty tattooed girls lip-synching to the lyrics.

The video features Nina Kate, who is one of my favorite alternative model. She's so pretty and adorable! I love her hair usually and I admit to having copied her fringe in the past. In this video she is wearing a black tshirt and jeans, with her hair dyed red.

Now, I've had red hair before, years ago, but for a moment yesterday, while watching that video, I actually did consider going red again...

I first dyed my hair black when I was about 13, as part of my teenage goth phase (which admittedly I haven't grown out of 100% yet...). Since then, I deviated from it once, and bleached my hair, then dyed it purple and red for a few months, but soon went back to black.

It's just the most convenient, easy to manage colour. No bleaching, no worries about it clashing with clothes, it can be straight and sleek and sexy, or wild and exotic looking. It contrasts well with colourful clothes, and looks edgy with dark clothes.

I honestly feel like black is my natural colour, and I'm dreading potentially having to change it when I'm older and it makes me look like an old witch! Although thinking about it, with a shortish cut it could still look cute in my later years...

So even though other hair colours tempt me, I can't face straying from the Schwarzkopf Cosmic Blue!

Nina Kate with the hairdo I occasionally steal!

Admittedly, this was the look I was after aged 13...

Leigh Lezark, mega fashion crush!

No comments:

Post a Comment