Tuesday 11 October 2011

Not posted in ages... Sorry! Been dying of some mystery illness which has made me achey and pathetic!

Been planning a trip to Manchester which is exciting! Maybe venturing to the colder climate of 'Oop North' might encourage me to finally buy some jeans! The plan is to meet some friends for drinks in the evening, so I'll have to day to explore the city... I hope it's cheaper than London!

I'm currently looking into having my nape microdermal removed too. It's a shame because I've had it for about 4 years, which is actually quite a while for a microdermal.

I got it when they were a fairly new thing, and it was done by Samppa Von Cyborg, who is a brilliant piercer. The problem was, he did the piercing, then had to hurry off to the airport to go abroad. I left the studio, got on my train, and after I'd got one stop away, I put my hand up to feel the piercing and felt the screw on disk had fallen off in the clingfilm I had over it. I hasten to add, this probably wasn't Samppa's fault at all, the jewellery may have been loose already, or maybe been loosened during the piercing.

I hurried back, but Samppa was already gone, so another piercer at the studio had to sort it. It had swollen quite a bit and he couldn't get the disk screwed back on. He put a 'healing post' in it, which is basically a kinda 3mm long post that screws in, so a swollen piercing won't have any problems with imbedding.

This would probably have worked fine, were the microdermal not on the back of my neck... I tried to sleep on my front but I assume I wiggle about in my sleep, and spend some time on my back, pushing the post sideways. It's healed really wonky unfortunalty, and jewellery really shows it up.

It's played up quite a lot over the past few years, so I think it's quite scarred, and might look quite unpleasant once it's out. It's only really visible when my hair's up, but still... I'm probably gonna speak to the artist about getting a smallish scarification piece on the back of my neck.. Maybe a little skull or a lotus..

I did say I'd take a break from mods after getting my foot hand-poked and my tongue split in a week, but these sort of plans never last long! I'm also pining the loss of my tongue web piercing that I had to take out when I had my tongue split. Hmm... Plans to be made I think....

No comments:

Post a Comment