Thursday 27 October 2011

Black Cat Awareness Day!

Today it's Black Cat Awareness Day, so hopefully animal shelters across the country will be making an effort to try and make prospective cat-parents consider adopting a black cat.

For some reason, black cats seem to be the ones left in shelters for longer, perhaps due to superstition or just because they don't catch people's eyes as much. It's so sad because they are obviously just as loving and friendly as any other cat.

I've grown up with black cats all my life, and have two currently, Ninja and Loki. I initially chose a black cat because I wear mostly black so their fur wouldn't show up on my clothes! But they are just so gorgeous, I love the way their eyes seem to glow out of the darkness when they're hiding... Plus me and the boyfriend take great joy in mocking each other when the 'cat' we've been talking to for hours turns out to be a pile of black clothes on the floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment