Thursday 1 December 2011

Possible new kitten!

The other day I watched an incredibly sad video. It was a few Beagle dogs who'd lived in a laborotory all their lives, as animal testing subjects. It showed their first steps into fresh air and on grass, and then showed them all settled with loving owners in their homes... It really made me feel for animals who've had it rough through no faults of their own. I really feel responsible for helping those who can't help themselves.

So I ended up on Cat Chat, a site that shows cats looking for homes in your area, and found a lovely black kitten who was abandoned by his family. He is currently living in someone's garden where they are feeding him, as they have other cats in their house who won't mix... I feel for the poor little cutie in this cold weather, and I know black cats have a hard time of it, so I offered him a home. I know its naughty but I just hate the thought of a chilly little kitten stuck outside!

Also, I've been doing a whip-round at work to raise money and buy presents for dogs in pounds over Christmas. So far I have £14 so I'm gonna buy some nice big chewable things for dogs like Staffordshire Bull Terriers, I know they make up a large percentage of the pound population...

Anyway, gonna blitz the flat over the weekend ready for the house check by the rescue place! I know my flat is smallish, but I provide the cats lots of fun things to do, and I'm sure the kitten would be better there than in a cold garden!

link to cat chat on your website

No comments:

Post a Comment