Tuesday 15 November 2011

New eyeliner *Squee!*

I probably own more eyeliners than most.... In fact, I have a myriad of different colours, brands and formulas rattling about in my eye make up bag, from various fads, hair colours and donations from my Mother!

I've always used pencil as I've not trusted myself with liquid, and I always thought it made my eyes look tiny and raisin-ish, but it just doesn't last well on my greasy eyelids (mmm, sexy!). The best I ever used was Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Pencil. It's so easy to use, with no drag along the lid and lasts pretty well. The only problem I found is that once it goes blunt (which is fairly fast as it's a soft pencil) you can never sharpen it as well as it was initially.

Then, in a rockabilly fad of mine, I decided to give liquid liner another go. After a bit of trial and error, I got the knack of doing it without giving myself gerbil-eyes, and realised it lasts so much longer on me than pencil! The trick is to get the thickness ratio spot on. If it's too thick all along the eye: gerbil-eyes. If it's too thin: gerbil-eyes. If it gets thick to close to the tear duct: mega gerbily, prawn-eyes even!
I settled on using Bourjois Clubbing Eyeliner.The brush is nice and long and thin and it lasts really well, generally no fading throughout the average day, and it lives up to it's claim of surviving a night clubbing too!

But, despite the success with liquid, I've fancied trying gel liner for a while, mainly because I read thats what Daisy Lowe uses and she's my ultimate liner-crush!
I've got an order in for an Avon metallic black gel liner for the party season, but I thought I'd better pick up a sensible black too...
I decided to try Maybelline Lasting Drama Eyeliner, as I'd read some good reviews on other sites. When I got it home, I checked out the little brush it comes with, and was a bit worried that it would be to thick and awkward to use. I applied it in the morning, and actually, the brush is great! You only need the tiniest dab of the gel onto the brush and it goes a long way. I initially thought the pot was very small and wouldn't last long, but having seen how little you need, it's pretty economical actually..
I actually prefer the gel to the liquid, as it comes out a very intense black, and I find it easier to get it right down to the lashline, and build up a nice chunky line. It lasts amazingly, and I even absent mindedly rubbed my eye yesterday night and it barely smudged, just looked a little more 'lived-in'.

Anyway, I think I'm converted! Can't wait to get my metallic Avon one to try out! Also just got a message saying my lovely new Zatchels bag has arrived to can't wait to parade that!

And, as a last thought, how beautiful does Rooney Mara look here??? I've not seen the film but I think she looks pretty badass in her Girl With The Dragon Tattoo costume, and she has a stunning figure. This dress just looks so ethereal with her pale skin and black hair.
Different shades: The actress slipped into a flesh-coloured plunging dress, teamed with strappy heels, which contrasted with her black hair and blood red lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment