Thursday 10 November 2011

Ah I'm such a lapsed blog-writer at the moment! I've been cracking on with my work and trying to keep my home halfway decent, and I've just felt so exhausted. Not to mention the fact that my flat doesn't have heating so I've been so cold in the evenings I dont want to move. Even my littlest cat has taken to crawling inside my kigu for warmth!

After spending a day at work perving on those gorgeous Zatchel bags, I went home and joined their Facebook group, and saw they had a competition on. I liked the status, and they said a name would be picked at random the next day. And I won! So unexpected! I feel like a bit of a fraud actually, considering I only discovered the brand the day before, but still, can't complain! I've wanted a nice leather bag to keep all my crap dry over the winter, and it's a blue starry pattern so it'll bring a bit of glitz to my usual jeans-and-parka winter outfit!

I've always held stars as my 'lucky' shape, since I was 10 years old if memory serves! It's a long story, but here's the speedy version: It was my Step-Sister's birthday and we were going round someone's house for a barbeque, and I'd made her a little clay flower (as you do when you're 10...). A family friend's son was there, who she fell head over heels in 13yr-old-girl-love with, and after that started saying that the flower was her lucky shape because she'd met this guy...
Now, I then decided I needed a lucky shape too, so I put 20p in one of those machines that pop out plastic jewellery, and a star ring came out, so I decided to adopt that as my lucky shape.
It's lead to a series of coincidences with stars cropping up in odd places, and my boyfriend's first word was 'star'!
I have 3 stars tattooed up my hip, which I kinda keep quiet about because I know star tattoos are such a cliche amongst girls my age, but I'd wanted it for years and I'd never deny myself something I want because of other people's opinions. Plus no tattoo is unique really, thousands of people have skulls, swallows, Bettie Page... but it's stars that get a bad rep...

Anyway, I'm well aware my star tattoo isn't the best done tatt in the world, but I love it. It reminds me of being 18 years old, and happy, excited about the rest of my life opening up in front of me. I had it done on my birthday, and went to meet my family afterwards, and I loved sitting there as a tattooed person, with my little secret making me smile.

Anyway, better get on with some actual work...

Here's my thought for the day: Always enter competitions! I've won a private shopping session in Uni Qlo (with a goody bag!), a free Lush goody bag, and now a fancy handbag, just from entering free competitions! Someone's always got to win!

No comments:

Post a Comment