Saturday 28 January 2012

My beautiful scar :)

<p>Last night I got my first scarification! <br>
Initially I just wanted the microdermal on the nape of my neck cut out and the scar cut into something pretty, but I gave free reign to Iestyn, the artist, cos I love his work. <br>
He freehanded the design in pen, and when I agreed I loved it, he lightly cut it into my skin. This hurt a little but I quite enjoyed having my back scratched so the big swooping lines felt quite nice! <br>
Then he rubbed on some anesthetic gel and left it 10 mins to work. I didn't have much faith in it but I guess maybe it had absorbed into the cuts and it worked a treat! <br>
That's when he went over the shallow lines to cut them to the required depth, did the little dermal punched circles and the almond shaped bit of flesh removal. The anesthetic meant I only felt pressure and the occasional sharp bit. It was entirely bearable! <br>
This was started when the shop shut at 7pm, there were two others there for all night tattoo sessions as well, and the atmosphere was lovely! Good music playing, all lit with pretty coloured lights! I almost nodded off at one point! <br>
The only bit that hurt was cutting out the microdermal.. Maybe the anesthetic couldn't get under it or something but it bloody stung and tested my pain threshold to the max! <br>
We left about 11pm and headed off to get the train home. We hopped on our train, and after waiting a few mins for it to start up, an announcement came that someone had been hit by a train and that we'd be delayed indefinitely. <br>
Now, I'm sure the situation was tragic, and I feel for the person's family, but I was tired, wrapped in clingfilm and desperate to get home! <br>
We ended up befriending 3 girls and a guy in the carriage and whiling away the time chatting and laughing! Fellow passengers got out a harmonica and bagpipes to keep people entertained and there was a good old British punchup which we all clamoured to watch!
We eventually got moving and got home, and spent the journey chatting to our new friends! I really had such a nice night, it renewed my faith in people a bit!
Back feels fine today anyway, at the worst, a bit like sunburn but totally bearable! Can't wait to get this bitch healed for summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment